Job no: 507208
Work type: Full time permanent
Location: Australia - New South Wales - Sydney
Categories: Construction, Engineering
- Leverage your Project Management experience and optimise on project delivery
- Deliver a variety of minor capital works across a diverse portfolio
- Work alongside a highly talented and delivery focussed team
Our transport business currently operates several long-term road maintenance and minor capital work contracts across the Sydney region. Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will plan and deliver all major repairs and capital works within agreed requirements of safety, time, quality and costs. Your exceptional leadership will be critical to the ongoing success as you will be working closely with our clients, the customer and employees. Whilst based out of our Eastern Distributor office you will work across several locations from the Sydney CBD area to Lane Cove and the Hills district.
What you’ll be doing:
• Make Safety first as the CULTURE in the way to conduct tasks.
• Tendering, planning and delivering all capital works across civil, mechanical and electrical disciplines
• Leading the options development for capital works including risk identification and mitigation
• Managing the delivery against the overall program of projects
• Realising the revenue and margin expectations at a project level in line with project additional services targets
• Identifying and securing opportunities to expand the successful delivery of construction related projects across the broader Sydney roads network
What you’ll need:
• Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, or construction related discipline
• Significant experience in rehabilitation/ road construction management experience
• Sound understanding of estimating with a broad background across multidisciplinary disciplines preferably with both capital works (construction) and maintenance / operations
• Strong commercial acumen, with experience of P&Ls at program level
• Demonstrated experience with project controls, including processes, systems and reporting tools
• Excellent safety leadership awareness and competence
What We Offer You
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
• We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
• There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
• We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are actively increasing diversity across our business so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
One of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
How to apply
For further information regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now