Job no: 507203
Work type: Full time fixed term
Location: Australia - Victoria - Melbourne
Categories: Consulting and Strategy, Telecommunications
About The Role
The role of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Advisor is to provide coaching, instruction, advice, and key support services to Visionstream staff and their subcontractors This 12-month fixed term contract role is based in Melbourne.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist Executive Managers, Operations Managers, Project Management teams and Frontline Leaders in the development of preliminary Project Risk Assessments/Registers.
- Facilitate and participate in the review and modification of Project Risk Assessments/Registers and SHEWMS.
- Complete audits, inspections, observations as required with internal and external teams.
- Ensure incidents and events are reported and entered into VenSafe in the appropriate timeframes and facilitate the effective close out of incidents/events and associated actions.
- Assist projects to implement and maintain health surveillance activities as required.
- Develop targeted SHEQ prevention programs with projects to mitigate emerging incident trends
- Assist Executive Managers, Operations Managers, Project Management teams and Frontline Leaders with preparations for Project, Toolbox, Client and other meetings where SHEQ information may be required.
- Provide SHEQ reports to Executive Managers, Operations Managers, Project Management teams and Frontline Leaders for meetings.
- Analyse SHEQ data, identify incident trends and develop tailored programs with projects to reduce trends.
- Liaise with injured employees, internal stakeholders (Supervisors/Worksite Managers/Claims and Injury Management Specialist) and external stakeholders (Treating Practitioners) to facilitate workplace-based injury recovery activities as required.
- Have a Certificate IV or Diploma in WHS/OHS
- Diploma of Quality Auditing
- ICAM / Taproot or equivalent
- Environmental qualifications
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Drug and Alcohol Screening qualifications
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is highly desirable
- Sound understanding of the legal, regulatory and standards framework that govern work operations.
- Experience in coordinating the SHEQ functional support in a complex, geographically disperse field operation
- Excellent analysis and report writing skills
- Training and experience in leading investigations (ICAM trained preferably)
What We Offer You
- Visionstream offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
Visionstream develops and delivers smart, tailored network solutions for clients in telecommunication and information communication technology across Australia and New Zealand.
Visionstream is part of Ventia, one of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers. Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now