Job no: 507202
Work type: Full time permanent
Location: NZ - Auckland
Categories: Accounting, Administration and Office Support
At Ventia, we’re proud to manage council assets including parks, libraries and public pools in Howick, Maungakiekie-Tāmaki, Ōrākei, Waitemata, Devonport-Takapuna, Hibiscus & Bays, Kaipātiki and Upper Harbour. We contract to Auckland Council for street cleaning services such as collecting litter, road sweeping, removing graffiti, water blasting, pavement cleaning and more!
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, self-motivated and highly customer focused Senior Accounts Payable Administrator to join our Auckland Council Project Team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for delivering a high level of payable support to our suppliers and clients alike by ensuring the timely and accurate payment of approved transactions.
Duties will include but not limited to;
- Day-to-day processing of invoices and payment advices
- Generate and administer purchase orders as required
- Collation and distribution of creditor's invoices
- Reconcile creditors accounts
- Handling of creditor's enquiries and provide various creditors ledger reports ensuring creditor's payments are processed within stipulated trading terms
- Prepare, process and provide supporting documentation for various month end journals
- Filing/archiving of all accounting records in a secure and efficient manner
To be considered for this role, you will have;
- At least 2 years Accounts Payable and general clerical experience
- Experience in the use of excel and JDE software.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Organised approach to work, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively either as an individual or member of a team and relate effectively with staff on all levels
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
- Good numeracy and accuracy skills coupled with high attention to detail
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
One of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
How to apply
For further information regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now