Job no: 507191
Work type: Full time fixed term
Location: NZ - Auckland
Categories: Trades and Services, Facilities Management
At Ventia, we’re proud to manage council assets including parks, libraries and public pools in Howick, Maungakiekie-Tāmaki, Ōrākei, Waitemata, Devonport-Takapuna, Hibiscus & Bays, Kaipātiki and Upper Harbour. We contract to Auckland Council for street cleaning services such as collecting litter, road sweeping, removing graffiti, water blasting, pavement cleaning and more.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of direct labour services in accordance with contractual obligations by managing an operational delivery team.
You’ll be responsible for several key activities including:
- Effectively supervise a team of mobile and foot orderlies, public facility cleaners as well as mechanical sweepers to ensure that allocated assets and hard surfaces are kept clean, washed and litter free.
- Rostering, delegation of duties and administrative tasks as and when required.
- Process time sheets and ensure these are checked and match employee reports.
- Ensure correct maintenance and operation of all equipment, vehicles and mobile plant as allocated
- Maintain and stock clean and tidy storerooms always and ensure that all stock is allocated and recorded.
- Coach and mentor staff to achieve the best possible outcomes for our business and clients
- Undertake toolbox talks, training sessions in an engaging way, and be prepared to accept feedback on new ways of working from operational teams
- Hold a tertiary qualification related to Sanitation or Waste Management Services
- Have strong experience in leading and managing a team of labour employees, including strong interpersonal skills and the ability to train, coach and develop team members
- Previous experience of managing and operation of plant and equipment
- Hold a full NZ driver’s licence
- Strong understanding of health and safety, along with hazard and risk management
- Be willing and able to work around a 7-day week rotating roster encompassing evenings and weekends
What We Offer You
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
One of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
How to apply
For further information regarding this position please contact email@example.com
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now