Job no: 507025
Work type: Casual / Temp
Location: NZ - Auckland
Categories: Trades and Services, Facilities Management
About the role
At Ventia, we’re proud to manage council assets including parks, libraries and public pools in Howick, Maungakiekie-Tāmaki, Ōrākei, Waitemata, Devonport-Takapuna, Hibiscus & Bays, Kaipātiki and Upper Harbour. We contract to Auckland Council for street cleaning services such as collecting litter, road sweeping, removing graffiti, water blasting, pavement cleaning and more!
We’re looking for casual Mobile Orderlies to join our team in ensuring that our client’s property portfolio is maintained to a high level. The successful applicant will be part of a diverse trades team comprised of cleaning, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and carpentry/handyman services, working out of the Auckland City Council depot in the Tahi region.
You’ll be responsible for several key activities including:
- Collection of litter
- Cleaning in outside areas around minor shops and recreational spaces
- Demonstrating commitment to safety, health, environment and quality standards.
- Be physically fit, motivated and have an eye for detail
- Have a genuine belief in excellent customer service with a "can do" attitude
- Be able to work independently and safely
- The ability to complete paperwork to a high standard within timeframes
- Hold a Class 1 drivers licence and be willing and able to drive either a van or box cage small truck
To be successful in these roles, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include a medical and criminal record check.
What We Offer You
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you.
We are actively increasing diversity across our business so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
One of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.
How to apply
For further information regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now