Ventia Pty Ltd is one of Australia's largest services businesses. We provide long-term operation, maintenance, and management of critical public and private assets and infrastructure across a diverse range of industries.
Ventia’s Transport business currently operates several long-term road maintenance and minor capital work contracts across Australia.
Venture Smart is our latest 50/50 joint venture between Ventia and Johnson Controls (JCI) providing ongoing Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) maintenance services & electrical capital works state wide for Main Roads WA.
The Maintenance Supervisor’s main responsibility is to be the supervisory and “hands on” link between the Maintenance Manager and the maintenance workforce, managing day to day maintenance operations.
This includes supervising the direct workforce, subcontractors and managing leading hands to ensure Venture Smart optimises efficiencies and manages maintenance works in a productive and efficient manner.
Maintenance works will occur on 11 electrical asset types:
• Bluetooth Unit
• Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
• Electronic Speed Limit Sign (ESLS)
• Fibre Communication Nodes
• Help phone
• Switchboard - Roadway lighting
• Traffic Signals
• Variable Message Sign (VMS)
• Vehicle Detection System (VDS)
• Pumps and Bores
• Warning Systems
This role will contribute to the delivery of the maintenance activities on time through:
• Supervision of work teams and providing technical advice on work methods and techniques
• Continuously overseeing work, analysing methods and monitoring overall performance with a safety focused approach
• Monitoring performance against schedule and re-assessing efficiency, taking appropriate corrective action and implementing cost and operational actions where necessary
• Monitoring subcontractors’ performance to ensure plans and milestones are met, including addressing operational, commercial and safety performance issues
• Assessing all work activities, ensuring a balance between cost and quality is achieved to meet objectives and budget and schedule requirements
• Verify works are undertaken in accordance with the servicing requirements, specifications and quality, safety, environmental and traffic management plans
• Understanding and working within contractual obligations of Venture Smart and its subcontractors
• Assessing and recommending plant, tool, equipment and material initiatives with a focus on cost effective solutions and operational improvements
• Communicating in an effective and engaging manner with relevant direct reports or team members in relation to key work priorities, key dates, safety information and milestones
• Ensuring the timely processing and accurate verification of data in the Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS)
• Monitoring stock required to perform the works and ensuring availability to meet stipulated work load requirements and deadlines
• Managing all the daily requirements, including servicing and maintenance, pre-start checks, of the required plant to perform the works.
• Completing administrative tasks, thoroughly, accurately and in a timely fashion
• Identifying and sharing opportunities for improvements and innovations with the direct workforce and broader Venture Smart team
To be considered you require the following education, training and experience:
• A grade electrician (or commensurate technical knowledge and experience) with a minimum of 10 years practical experience in electrical asset maintenance service provision.
• A minimum of 5 years leading hand or supervisory experience in a construction, maintenance, minor capital works or roads infrastructure environment
• Road maintenance/construction supervision or leading hand role with respect to a direct workforce and subcontractors
• Experience in interpreting engineering drawings, standards and specifications
• Strong understanding of road maintenance, and ITS standards and practices
• Understanding of road asset management including systems e.g. MMIS
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Work/ Excel/ Outlook)
• Good communication skills
• Understanding of contract administration and commercial imperatives/drivers
• Excellent time management skills and able to manage and comprehend rosters
• Sound understanding of employment law and ability to performance manage employees
• Experienced in management of road emergency response services
• Strong subcontractor management skills
• Experienced in management of the technical, financial, SHEQ requirements for road maintenance services
• Analytical skills and strong prioritisation of maintenance works
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Ventia is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal law.