As one of Australia's largest services businesses, we have a strong, inclusive culture that values our people and provides clear direction in our professional activities and our personal behaviours. We pride ourselves on safely delivering a high level of services for our clients.
Ventia is a leading service provider to the utility infrastructure sectors safely and sustainably delivering a comprehensive range of engineering, operations, maintenance and construction services nationally. Backed by emerging technology, we provide long-term operation, maintenance, and management of critical public and private assets and infrastructure across telecommunications, transport, local government, water, power generation, electricity, gas, healthcare, education, resources and defence industries.
Join our team, servicing our clients across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia in an exciting company that is structured for growth. Our respected brands include Visionstream, Chargepoint, Imatis and Delron Group.
About the role
This is a rare opportunity to join Ventia's award winning Infrastructure Services business. We are growing our work winning team and are interested in speaking with the best in Operations Management and Business Development within the Power, Transmission and Distribution industry.
Reporting to the General Manager of Infrastructure Maintenance and supported by a strong team of specialists, your role is to establish, develop and maintain relationships with target clients and identify, develop and secure sustainable, profitable leveraged and new growth opportunities, both annuity, term contracts and discrete projects for Ventia in line with the business strategy.
Working closely with peers across the business, the BDM is a key lever in ensuring positioning, development, tendering and successful outcomes of bids that contribute to Ventia’s financial growth targets.
- Delivers business growth in line with or exceeding business plan targets
- Works with their Business Unit EMs to build the business growth, strategy and targets into their business plans.
- Identify client needs and triggers that will lead to new business and has an active list of qualified prospective new clients or opportunities within existing clients.
- Attends/participates in networking opportunities and is involved in Industry bodies and Associations
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to improve work processes and practices.
- Seeks to engage other internal and external stakeholders to deliver ‘targeted’ business development.
- Acts as the client advocate in the proposal process providing clarity on client issues, drivers and thinking.
- Works closely and effectively with Work Winning, BU GMs, EMs and operational owners, presenting ideas to develop compelling, differentiated solutions and assessing the persuasiveness of the pitch to the client (including features, benefits and proofs).
- Follows through on proposals after submission to identify and handle objections and close successfully.
- Minimum of 5 years business development experience in the utility contracting industry
- Exposure to O&M and D&C contracts
- Proven commercial / financial acumen
- Demonstrate leadership skills in a professional team environment
- Proven project management skills
- Strong numeracy and professional report writing and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Use of client relationship management tools
- Desired experience in Miller Heimann and/or Shipley processes
This position is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, career-focused individual with a genuine desire to succeed. We value teamwork, curiosity and a bias for action. If you have the energy and drive and want to be an integral contributor to, and share in the future growth and success in Ventia, then please click APPLY NOW.
What we offer you
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- We work together as a team to accomplish the work that needs to be done.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are actively increasing diversity across our business.
How to apply
For further information regarding this position please contact a member of our recruitment team via email@example.com
We respectfully request no agency submissions.