We have a new opportunity for an experienced Facilities Maintenance Manager to join our team supporting our Sydney Water Contract.
The Sydney Water Contract provides mechanical, electrical and facilities maintenance, servicing over 4.6 million residents in 1.8 million homes in the Sydney, Illawarra and Blue Mountains region. Sydney Water’s operations include 30 water and wastewater treatment plants, 260 reservoirs and over 800 pumping stations and 2,400 buildings across 1,250 sites extending across 13,000km2.
- Join one of the largest infrastructure services providers in Australasia
- Work with an experienced, diverse, and collaborative team
- Work in an environment where our people can make a difference.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate, organised leader to join our team as Facilities Maintenance Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Contract Manager, you will be responsible for delivering work in a fast-paced environment, ensuring safety cost, quality and efficiency as you do, so that our client’s portfolio is maintained to a high level.
You will be responsible for managing a small team in providing Maintenance Services for Sydney Water’s treatment, processing and network assets and sites. This includes a program of Preventive Maintenance and breakdown/reactive maintenance as required. Ideally, you will have facilities maintenance experience in operational or plant-based contracts in the water, waste or utilities industries.
You’ll be responsible for critical key activities including:
- Safely Lead a team to achieve operational maintenance cross many geographically diverse sites in the Area
- Provide cover as required for 24 x 7 operational support
- FM related Work Management Procedures are developed and regularly updated
- Consolidate and report on FM work management performance and improvements
- Manage Sub-Contractors performance to the Services to their Contract Obligations Statement of Works
- Regularly check and update Sydney Water Systems Data (in Maximo)
- Ensure an asset critical assessment is conducted all assets and that applicable asset management plans and controls are in implemented
- Educated to Bachelor degree or similar preferred, or equivalent experience in Trades/Engineering background
- Operational Management experience of a field based dispersed team
- Previous experience in Facilities and Grounds Maintenance
- Demonstrated ability in:
- Front-line supervision
- Sub-Contactor Management
- Health, Safety and Environmental management
- Work planning and resource management
- Strong Communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience of using Work Order Allocations systems/processes
What we offer you
You will be joining a team of experienced professionals in a specialised role and enjoy the benefits of working for a services business which is the largest of its kind in the country. We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals.
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focused and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the job advertisement. Email applications will not be accepted.
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches
Ventia is a one of Australasia’s largest infrastructure services providers. We are work across a diverse range of industries and markets including transport, telecommunications and technology systems, the Internet of Things, facilities management, energy, water and environmental remediation. Ventia partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions.
As a diversified services organisation, Ventia appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.