As one of Australia's largest services businesses, we have a strong, inclusive culture that values our people and provides clear direction in our professional activities and our personal behaviours. We pride ourselves on safely delivering a high level of services for our clients.
Ventia provides a comprehensive range of operational maintenance, design and construction, remediation, and asset and facilities management services to clients and customers across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health and industrial sectors.
Join our team, servicing our clients across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia in an exciting company that is structured for growth. Our respected brands include Visionstream, Chargepoint and Delron Group.
The Pilbara Rural Network Contract (RNC) is a long-term contract between Main Roads WA and Ventia, to deliver maintenance delivery on Main Roads’ network throughout the Western Australian Pilbara Region. The works include routine maintenance, road rehabilitation projects and minor capital works.
We are currently seeking Maintenance Crew Members for positions in Newman.
You will join a dedicated maintenance team and will work to ensure effective delivery of road maintenance activities ensuring safe practices are always carried out. Regular Toolbox training provided and pre-start meetings to encourage our continuous learning and collaborative work culture.
As a Maintenance Crew Member, your responsibilities include:
- Deliver all site activities, from pre-start to close-out, to ensure the effective delivery of the works assigned
- Perform maintenance and clean-up activities at network incidents, interfacing with emergency services on-site and keeping Main Roads informed on network availability
- Report any variances of regular activities to Supervisor to ensure relevant cost details are captured
- Regular reporting to the Routine Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintain site Zero Harm and quality documentation and records, to meet contractual, organisational, and legislative/statutory requirements
- Regular participation to communicate and initiate safety, quality and environmental processes, including toolbox meetings, inspections, and the identification, assessment and control of risks,
To be successful in the role, you will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Skid Steer ticket
- Valid WA drivers licence required
- HR licence preferred
- Previous Civil Construction skills desired
- Basic Worksite Traffic Management ticket and Traffic Controller ticket preferred
- Experience in delivery and administration of road maintenance activities
What Ventia can offer
With strong leadership and an ability to drive excellence through the commitment of our people, Ventia aims to provide an unrivalled opportunity for our people to develop their careers in a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment that values work-life balance and diversity.
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focused and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
At Ventia we are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, minority groups, women as well as other diversity groups in the community.
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches