Visionstream provides telecommunications and ICT services across Australia and New Zealand, focused on design, construction, operations and maintenance for carriers, government, channel partners and enterprise industry segments. With a heritage in design, construction and maintenance services, Visionstream is a trusted partner to leading telecommunication and ICT network providers, and industries who rely on mission-critical infrastructure.
We are also proud to be part of Ventia, one Australia's largest services businesses providing comprehensive support and management services to clients across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health and industrial sectors. Ventia is structured for growth across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia.
What Visionstream can offer
- Full time, permanent opportunity with one of Australia’s leading services businesses
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Exciting project opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business – diversity in background, age, gender, skills, experience and thought. We believe in the value that diversity brings to our business and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals.
About the role
We are experiencing an exciting period of growth and as a result have opportunities available for experienced Fibre Technicians in QLD.
Working within our Daisy Hill based team, your primary purpose will be to undertake Business Deployment activities as required to meet the client's standards on their Fibre network. Day to day duties will include but not be limited to;
- Install NBN end user premise equipment
- Fibre splicing in the NBN distribution network and for the end user equipment
- Fibre and system testing to client specifications
- Fault finding, analysis and repair
- OTDR testing and analysis
- Preparation and analysis of fibre trace results and workbooks
- Managing a small team of internal employees or advising and assisting contractors with limited supervision
- Performing a variety of other tasks such as rodding and hauling cables as required.
Please note this role requires some travel throughout Queensland and time away from home.
You will be a self-starter with a good understanding of the formulation and implementation of Safe Work Method Statements and associated risk assessments, along with High-level communication skills, initiative to work in an unsupervised environment, combined with efficient and effective time-management skills. Technically you will have:
- Experience with fibre splicing and testing;
- Ability to identify faults/issues in the network and provide cost effective solution
- Understanding of the NBN network
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focussed and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
For further information regarding this position please contact Nicole.email@example.com or visit www.ventia.com.au
No emailed applications will be accepted, please apply on line
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches