We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer to work across high profile arterial roads within the Sydney region.
Our team of highly motivated professionals are working on incident response and maintenance services across NSW, we maintain 670 kilometres of roads, 201 bridges and eight tunnels as part of NSW Roads and Maritime Services (RMS). This role will work across the Cross City Tunnel which over 10 years has had 150m vehicle journeys and the Eastern Distributor which sits under Australia’s most densely populated urban area.
- We celebrate diversity collaboration and experience within our teams
- Our people can work in an environment where they can make a difference
- Join one of the largest infrastructure services providers in Australasia
About the role
We are looking for a passionate, and highly motivated Maintenance Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager (Electrical), you will be responsible for delivering work in a fast-paced environment, ensuring safety cost, quality and efficiency as you do, so that our client’s portfolio is maintained to a high level.
As the Maintenance Engineer you will work across a range of projects, requiring you to be adaptable and able to manage many tasks at once, while working with a high degree of autonomy. Ideally you will have experience in technical project scope development and documentation, preparing design briefs, estimating, project and contract management, delivery and supervision and verification of completed works.
You will also have great stakeholder engagement, planning and problem-solving skills to be able to:
- Adopt proactive approach to safety and deliver visible safety leadership at all times
- Proactively implementing preventative strategies and ensuring compliance to regulatory, governance and community requirements
- Ensuring risk management activities are undertaken and verified to ensure objectives of the project have been achieved
- Facilitating strong stakeholder engagement throughout the business and with the client to ensure the allocation of resources and delivery of effective outcomes
- Ensure contractual obligations are being met and exceeded
- Bachelor of Engineering or trade qualification in a relevant field
- Significant experience in project management within a roads and/or tunnels environment
- Experience using Microsoft project, JDE, INX and Maximo would be desirable
- Knowledge of safety and environmental legislation
- Demonstrated experience in road maintenance and construction
- Hold a current driver’s licence
- Ability to work night shift on shut downs or when required
What we offer you
You will be joining a team of experienced professionals in a specialised role and enjoy the benefits of working for a services business which is the largest of its kind in the country. We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals.
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focused and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the job advertisement. Email applications will not be accepted.
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches
Ventia is a one of Australasia’s largest infrastructure services providers. We are work across a diverse range of industries and markets including transport, telecommunications and technology systems, the Internet of Things, facilities management, energy, water and environmental remediation. Ventia partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions.
As a diversified services organisation, Ventia appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.