Visionstream provides telecommunications and ICT services across Australia and New Zealand, focused on design, construction, operations and maintenance for carriers, government, channel partners and enterprise industry segments. With a heritage in design, construction and maintenance services, Visionstream is a trusted partner to leading telecommunication and ICT network providers, and industries who rely on mission-critical infrastructure.
We are also proud to be part of Ventia, one Australia's largest services businesses providing comprehensive support and management services to clients across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health and industrial sectors. Ventia is structured for growth across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia.
About the role
The Network Engineer is responsible for the ICT network logical design including layer two & three features, IP address schemas, MPLS, remote access and network services. The role also delivers design documentation, drawings and device configurations.
The successful candidate must possess excellent organisation and analytical skills, an ability to prioritise and strong attention to detail. To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Preferred Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Civil or related)
- Experience in addressing and routing, security, network management, data centre, and multi-layered enterprise architectures that include virtual private networking and wireless domains
- Sound knowledge and experience with networking protocols and configurations including MPLS, VLANs, QoS, OSPF, BGP
- Experience in the preparation of design, build, implementation and test documentation
- Experience with low level configuration of Cisco network equipment and Cisco wireless network equipment
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to learn
What Visionstream can offer
You will be joining a team of experienced professionals in this specialised role and enjoy the benefits of working for a services business which is the largest of its kind in the country.
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business - diversity in background, age, gender, skills, experience and thought. We believe in the value that diversity brings to our business and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals.
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focussed and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
For further information regarding this position please contact Andy Lin Andy.Lin@visionstream.com.au
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches