Visionstream provides telecommunications and ICT services across Australia and New Zealand, focused on design, construction, operations and maintenance for carriers, government, channel partners and enterprise industry segments. With a heritage in design, construction and maintenance services, Visionstream is a trusted partner to leading telecommunication and ICT network providers, and industries who rely on mission-critical infrastructure.
We are also proud to be part of Ventia, one Australia's largest services businesses providing comprehensive support and management services to clients across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health and industrial sectors. Ventia is structured for growth across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia.
What Visionstream can offer
- Full time, permanent opportunity with one of Australia’s leading services businesses
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Exciting project opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business – diversity in background, age, gender, skills, experience and thought. We believe in the value that diversity brings to our business and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals.
About the role
We are experiencing an exciting period of growth and as a result have a new opportunity available for an experienced Copper Network Improvement Technician located in Sydney.
Working within our NBN team, your primary purpose will be to undertake CNI activities as required to meet the client's standards on their copper network. Day to day duties will include testing the network to provide solutions to the client for improved speeds. This role requires some travel and time away from home.
Your previous copper network and fault finding experience together with a good understanding of the formulation and implementation of Safe Work Method Statements and associated risk assessments give you the essentials for the role.
In addition, you must have:-
- Ability to identify faults/issues in the network and provide cost effective solutions
- Experience in ADSL2 / VDSL fault diagnostics using appropriate test equipment (TDR etc)
- Understanding of distribution network and scoping of the network
- Ability to perform cable joint remakes and other activities as required
- High-level communication skills
- Effective time-management skills
- Initiative to work in an unsupervised environment
- Ability to work within a team environment and/or lead a small team in day to day activities (internal or external staff)
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focussed and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
For further information regarding this position please contact Nicole.email@example.com or visit www.ventia.com.au
No emailed applications will be accepted, please apply on line
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches