Visionstream provides telecommunications and ICT services across Australia and New Zealand, focused on design, construction, operations and maintenance for carriers, government, channel partners and enterprise industry segments. With a heritage in design, construction and maintenance services, Visionstream is a trusted partner to leading telecommunication and ICT network providers, and industries who rely on mission-critical infrastructure.
We are also proud to be part of Ventia, one Australia's largest services businesses providing comprehensive support and management services to clients across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health and industrial sectors. Ventia is structured for growth across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia.
About the role
We are now looking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified Field Technician to provide preventative and reactive services on the telecommunications assets of our valued client.
As a Field Technician you will work safely towards ensuring preventative, reactive and corrective maintenance activities are carried out in a timely and cost-effective manner on a range of communications equipment, working alone or as part of a small team.
The roster is currently 9 days on, 5 days off. The successful applicant will reside in the Bowen Basin area (Moranbah QLD) during rostered time on, with requirements to sometimes operate outside of this area as business needs require. Whilst on-shift, technicians remain on call at all times responding to emergency faults call-outs as they arise.
Candidates must possess excellent problem solving and organisation skills, an ability to prioritise, demonstrable attention to detail and be competent or demonstrate reasonable understanding in the following areas:
- Fixed & Mobile Radio (VHF-SHF);
- TCR & MCR Systems
- Rail Weighbridge, Solar Powered and Cable Carrier Systems (Metallic/Optical Fibre)
- MUX Networks / Ethernet Networks
- High Speed Digital Transmission (SDH)
- SCADA and Power system industry experience, knowledge and skill (highly desirable)
- Radio & Optic fibre technologies requiring sound fault diagnostics and rectification skills
- Various software and other applications including use of OEM GUI & Maximo (desirable)
- DC Power Systems (rectifiers, batteries), Emergency Power Plants (Generators) and European Train Control Systems (ETCS) Maintenance
- Fault diagnosis skills in battery and power conversion technologies
- You will be required to undertake Category 3 Rail Medical & Background Checks
- Certificate III (or higher) in any of the following:
- Electronics and Communications
- Electrotechnology Communications
- ACMA Open Cable Licence or Equivalent
- Restricted electrical work license (Qld Government)
- Current First Aid, CPR & LVR
- Current Driver’s License (C class)
- Rail competencies – TLIF2080 / TLIW2001 / TLIF 2010 / TLIF2006
Applicants who hold current Working at Heights and Basic Rigging Certification with experience in frequent tower climbs will be highly regarded
What Visionstream can offer
You will be joining a team of experienced professionals in this specialised role and enjoy the benefits of working for a services business which is the largest of its kind in the country.
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business - diversity in background, age, gender, skills, experience and thought. We believe in the value that diversity brings to our business and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals.
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focussed and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
For further information regarding this position please contact Andy Lin Andy.Lin@visionstream.com.au
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches