As one of Australia's largest services businesses, we have a strong, inclusive culture that values our people and provides clear direction in our professional activities and our personal behaviours. We pride ourselves on safely delivering a high level of services for our clients.
Ventia provides a comprehensive range of operational maintenance, design and construction, remediation, and asset and facilities management services to clients and customers across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health and industrial sectors.
Join our team, servicing our clients across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia in an exciting company that is structured for growth. Our respected brands include Visionstream, Chargepoint, Imatis and Delron Group.
About the role
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and customer service focused Incident Response Crew to join the team at CityLink, Melbourne.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, some of the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Conduct routine incident response of the motorway and associated buildings
- Operate the recovery vehicles as necessary to remove disabled vehicles and other obstructions from the motorway
- Assist members of the public affected by incidents on the motorway, including the provision of first aid
- Liaise with and support emergency services personnel as required
- Implement traffic control measures as required for maintenance activities or as a consequence of motorway incidents
- Ensure that safe work practices are adhered to, whilst demonstrating personal behaviour that upholds our values
- Other duties as directed by the Contract Manager
As a successful applicant, you would have the following abilities:
- A trade qualification would also be desirable and/or candidates from a range of industries
- Ability to maintain performance under a wide-ranging workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Problem identification and resolution skills
- Good communication skills and be customer service focused in your approach
- Basic computer skills
- An understanding of OH&S, risk management and hazard identification
- Willingness to work some overtime may be required
- MR Drivers licence is highly desirable
If you are a proactive individual with a sense of strong safety acumen, enjoys customer service and thrives working in high-pressure situations, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note this role is currently being recruited for a rotating roster (Mon to Sun Day & Nights).
What Ventia can offer
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focussed and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
Ventia encourages and is inclusive of people from all backgrounds. We encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, women, men and other diversity groups. If you are interested in this role, we look forward to hearing from you.
For further information regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches.