Visionstream provides telecommunications and ICT services across Australia and New Zealand, focused on design, construction, operations and maintenance for carriers, government, channel partners and enterprise industry segments. With a heritage in design, construction and maintenance services, Visionstream is a trusted partner to leading telecommunication and ICT network providers, and industries who rely on mission-critical infrastructure.
We are also proud to be part of Ventia, one Australia's largest services businesses providing comprehensive support and management services to clients across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health and industrial sectors. Ventia is structured for growth across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia.
About the role
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Site Designer is responsible for the design of new sites, new collocation on third party sites and upgrading existing infrastructure at existing sites. The successful candidate must ensure all site designs meet site specific scope and specifications.
You will be part of a dynamic team made up of engineering disciplines and site acquisition staff. The team is focused on delivering to the client.
The successful candidate must have practical field knowledge and experience in the installation of Radio site equipment. The candidate must possess excellent organisation and analytical skills, an ability to prioritise with strong attention to detail.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Bachelor in Engineering / Science / Telecommunications / Building / Construction disciplines or similar qualifications
- 2+ years in postgraduate engineering, design, installation works and co-ordination experience
- Experience in wireless base station site installations
- Experience in Construction including greenfield, co-location and rooftop installations (desirable)
- Experience in red-line of drawings for drawing updates/AB
- Large volume program management experience, including working to a master program of works (4-12 week forecasting), milestone scheduling & tracking, coordination of activities/resources accordingly
This role provides an opportunity to increase your skills and experience:
- Opportunity to move into Engineering/Design field
- Further your understanding of the end to end process, equipment used in Telco shelters, rack layouts, design of DC power systems, PLC and Alarm wiring.
- Field visit to various sites through-out NSW
What Visionstream can offer
You will be joining a team of experienced professionals in this specialised role and enjoy the benefits of working for a services business which is the largest of its kind in the country.
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business - diversity in background, age, gender, skills, experience and thought. We believe in the value that diversity brings to our business and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals.
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focussed and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
For further information regarding this position please contact Andy Lin Andy.Lin@visionstream.com.au
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches