Visionstream provides telecommunications and ICT services across Australia and New Zealand, focused on design, construction, operations and maintenance for carriers, government, channel partners and enterprise industry segments. With a heritage in design, construction and maintenance services, Visionstream is a trusted partner to leading telecommunication and ICT network providers, and industries who rely on mission-critical infrastructure.
We are also proud to be part of Ventia, one Australia's largest services businesses providing comprehensive support and management services to clients across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health and industrial sectors. Ventia is structured for growth across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Structural Engineer, the Structural Engineer is responsible for creating models and analysis of model outputs for Telecommunications structures. This will also involve designing structural elements such as antenna mounts and produce strengthening solutions. The role also involves working with the team for overall solutions, liaise with stakeholders and vendors.
The successful candidate must possess excellent organisation and analytical skills, an ability to prioritise and strong attention to detail. To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering (or similar)
- Basic AutoCAD
- 4 years experience in the Construction or Telecommunications industry
- Previous experience in major mobile base station site designs or antenna mounting (desirable)
- Large volume program management experience, including working to a master program of works (4-12-week forecasting), milestone scheduling & tracking, coordination of activities/resources accordingly
- Strong reporting and communication skills, including facilitating internal team and client meetings, presentations and engaging with client, staff and consultants
This role provides an opportunity to increase your skills and experience:
- Further your understanding of the equipment used in Telco shelters: rack layouts, design of DC power systems, PLC and Alarm wiring.
- AC power distribution and genset applications
What Visionstream can offer
You will be joining a team of experienced professionals in this specialised role and enjoy the benefits of working for a services business which is the largest of its kind in the country.
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business - diversity in background, age, gender, skills, experience and thought. We believe in the value that diversity brings to our business and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals.
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focused and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
For further information regarding this position please contact Andy Lin Andy.Lin@visionstream.com.au
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches