Visionstream provides telecommunications and ICT services across Australia and New Zealand, focused on design, construction, operations and maintenance for carriers, government, channel partners and enterprise industry segments. With a heritage in design, construction and maintenance services, Visionstream is a trusted partner to leading telecommunication and ICT network providers, and industries who rely on mission-critical infrastructure.
We are also proud to be part of Ventia, one Australia's largest services businesses providing comprehensive support and management services to clients across the resources, telecommunications, transport, energy, water, health and industrial sectors. Ventia is structured for growth across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and New Caledonia.
About the role
Great people and great work. New opportunity for a Site Engineer to join the NBN project team in Melbourne. Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer, the primary purpose of the Site Engineer role will be to support the Project Engineers and Field Teams in the day-to-day construction administration and delivery of the Fibre Servicing Area Modules (FSAMs).
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, result driven and safety conscious. You will have a thirst to understand our business operations and identify opportunities for improvements. Your passion for business innovations will translate to create an area of common understanding between your key stakeholders and effective implementation.
Working closely with the Project Engineers and Design team, your day to day responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Assisting in the development of the initial and revised program and identifying required subcontractors and traffic control are in place with appropriate council approvals
- Raising construction changes identified in the pre-construction walk-off as a variation and ensure only approved changes are included in updates and rectify any errors/ omissions ahead of construction.
- Ensuring all IT systems and Construction Reports are up to date and maintained with accurate BOQ and progress quantities for construction
- Procuring materials as and when required, reconciling stock levels to ensure stock levels are appropriate.
- During all construction phases of the project, ensure the delivery of quality works compliant with contractual and Australian industry standards.
- Monitor whether quality checks are being conducted daily and corrective actions are resolved in a timely manner to meet contractual commitments and pre-commissioning schedules.
Your Tertiary qualification in Engineering or equivalent, in addition to your proven experience working on the construction of Australian Fibre or Copper networks gives you the technical knowledge required for the role. Your strong customer focus and experience working with a largely sub contracted workforce gives you the added advantage when working in the field with our Supervisors.
About the role
Your previous experience in a similar role along with your strong ability to lead and foster a culture of continuous improvement will be key to this role. Additional responsibilities will be to:
- Be adaptable and responsive and an ever changing, rapidly evolving environment
- Advanced communication and influencing skills with the proven ability to effect strategic direction across a broad range of stakeholders both internal and external
What Visionstream can offer
In return for your skills and experience, you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and you'll form part of an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focused and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.
If you have the drive and want to be an integral contributor to, and share in the future growth and success of Visionstream, then APPLY NOW.
For further information regarding this position please contact email@example.com, for more information on Visionstream please visit www.visionstream.com.au or follow Visionstream on LinkedIn.
Please note all applications must be submitted online, no emailed applications will be considered.
N.B. We respectfully request no agency approaches